BBTI Graduation 2019

Early morning on the 14th, we were awakened to the sound of seven alarms all going off at 2:30 A.M.! Within the hour we were headed to the Rochester airport to catch our 6:00 flight to Atlanta.

I got randomly chosen for TSA-precheck so I went through security much quicker! And I was able to pass out a Gospel tract while I waited for the others to come through. Can you find me in this picture?πŸ˜‚

On the way to Atlanta

After all, we did get up at 2:30 that morning…

We saw this interesting rock near Atlanta

Landed in Atlanta!

After our 3 hour layover we headed on to Dallas Fort-Worth, where Reese picked us up and we grabbed a bite to eat before going back to the airport and picking up Reese’s fiancΓ©e, her mom, and her brother. We got all the luggage and carryons fit into the church van we were borrowing, and then we went to the mall to drop off Stacy’s rings to be resized. We weren’t in there long and soon got back to the van… only to realize someone broke into the van and stole 7 backpacks and a briefcase!!!😲 (including 3 computers, an iPad, an iPhone, a flute, cash, clothes, and several Bibles) We finally got the police report filled out and could go on to Panda Express for supper.

We finally got to BBTI a couple hours later than planned and crashed at the duplex we were staying in.😴

The next day some of us sat in on Reese’s class and some of us played a game:

We went to the first night of a missions conference that evening and Reese was able to present his vision for the missions field and he and Stacy did a special. The church also served us a delicious meal!

The next day we had lunch at the Longhorn cafe before going to a thrift store where they let us replace things that had been stolen, for free! We were able to find some nice things that would take the place of some of the stolen items.

Then we went to the second night of the missions conference where we did another special, heard great preaching, and ate a fantastic meal!

The next day was graduation rehearsal:

Later in the afternoon we rode horses.

Notice in the following picture that Reese is the only one standing and the rest of us are on horses… he got a spirited horse that started going so fast he decided to jump off!!πŸŽπŸ€ πŸ˜‚ Thankfully no injuries were involved.

That evening some of us went to the airport to pick up Mr. Coy. We stopped at the famous Braums and we won’t say what happened there!!!

The next day was graduation day!

Reese receiving his diploma.

Reese with his roommate and the director of BBTI

L-R; Mom, Jesse, Reese, Stacy, Mr. Coy, Karen, Mrs. Coy, Naomi, Annabelle

During the reception, Reese and “Pastor Joe” did their hilarious translation skit!

The Carpenters’ famous Jambalaya. If you’ve never tried it, it’s a must for your bucket list!

Later that evening back at the school we celebrated Mom’s, Miss Margie’s, and my birthdays!

This is just a small group of all of us who were there:

Can anyone read phonetics? The following says, “We’ll always remember you phonetics”

For dessert we had ice cream and Cocoa Cloud Pie!

The evening/night/morning was filled with food, fellowship, foursquare, pingpong, Catan, and Risk… the last of the group went to bed at 1:30!

The next day after church we took Brother Coy to the airport. On the way back to BBTI we stopped at the famous Bowie Knife for some pictures.

Sunday night Ticket To Ride!

The next morning, Reese, Stacy, Mrs. Coy and Jesse headed out early in the morning for Michigan. We went back to bed after seeing them off, of course!

We finally did get up that morning!

We had fun playing Catan that evening…

And of course we didn’t call it a night until we had played Ticket To Ride Europe!πŸ˜‰ (Excuse “Mr. Special,” who seems to be camera shy…)

The next day we loaded up and left BBTI a little before 5:00 A.M. The Schnells were very kind to get up so early and transport us to the Dallas airport! Our flight took off late because several planes had to be completely rerouted because of storms that morning, including ours. (Not to a different place, thankfully!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…) After our flight finally took off we arrived at Atlanta and prepared to spend the next four hours there.

First we had to take the train to another terminal:

Then we had to go up the looooooong escalator to the gate area.

Once we got to the gate and settled in for the next few hours, Annabelle and I went and filled up our water bottles.

Watching the tarmac doings, our favorite airport pastime!

After the long layover was over, we boarded and headed home to Rochester.

Naomi got exit row!

Homeward bound.

‘Til next time,


4 thoughts on “BBTI Graduation 2019

  1. Congratulations to the graduate! Wish I had known you were in our neck of the woods. Would have loved to have met you. That big ‘rock’ you saw was likely Stone Mountain. Looks like you all had a nice trip.

  2. Great post, Skit! It was very busy trip that was packed full of fun! For some reason a large percentage of the game time happened from 9:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. πŸ€”πŸ€­ πŸ˜… It was a blessing to visit those churches, too, and be a part of the missions conference!😁

  3. Oh, and Karen, you didn’t say that that is the world’s biggest Bowie knife! πŸ˜€

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *